Landlords cut small retailers a break on rent during the pandemic, but stores are still struggling because too few office workers and tourists have returned.
‘We’re Suffering’: How Remote Work Is Killing Manhattan’s Storefronts
More from BUSINESSMore posts in BUSINESS »
- Big Tech Firms Seek Federal Funding for Chip Manufacturing: Live Updates
- L Brands Plans to Spin Off Victoria’s Secret
- Semiconductor makers and users form a group to push for chip funding.
- The Lure of H Mart, Where the Shelves Can Seem as Wide as Asia
- F.B.I. Asking Questions After a Pension Fund Aimed High and Fell Short
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
- Chandro Tomar, Who Shot Her Way Through a Glass Ceiling, Dies
- A Glass Bridge. Gale-Force Winds. A Moment of Terror High in the Air.
- A Rare Tiffany Building Owned by a Nonprofit May Be Sold
- Live Updates: Democrats Press to Expand Voting Rights at Federal Level
- What to Know About Newsom’s Big Budget Surplus Plan