Jerome H. Powell, the chair of the Federal Reserve, and Steven Mnuchin, the secretary of the Treasury, are testifying before the Senate Banking Committee. In prepared remarks, they painted starkly different visions of the challenges facing the United States economy in the months ahead, further exposing a rift that began to show earlier this month.
Watch live: Mnuchin and Powell testify before a Senate panel.
More from BUSINESSMore posts in BUSINESS »
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
- Tom Brady Is Back in the Super Bowl, Because of Course He Is
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders to Run for Arkansas Governor
- Portugal’s President Wins Re-election, but Far Right Gains
- Mexico’s president is the latest world leader to become infected with the coronavirus.
- Trump Wants Back on Facebook. This Star-Studded Jury Might Let Him.