He was born without toes on his right foot, but spent 11 seasons in the N.F.L. and kicked 159 field goals. He died of complications of the coronavirus.
Tom Dempsey, Record-Setting Kicker, Dies at 73
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
- The E.U.’s vaccination campaign gets a lift from Pfizer as it promises a big switch in strategy.
- A Choreographer Diving Into Grief Looks to Whales
- Her Boss Sent Harassing Texts. So She Beat Him With a Mop.
- Derek Chauvin Trial Latest Updates: Medical Witnesses for Chauvin’s Defense to Begin Testifying
- Coinbase will debut on Wall Street today. Here’s what you need to know.
More from SPORTSMore posts in SPORTS »
- Injuries Are Raining on the N.B.A.’s Championship Parade
- Hank Aaron’s Name Will Replace a Confederate General’s on an Atlanta School
- A Softball Pitcher Struck Out Every Batter? She Hadn’t Noticed.
- Her Killer Sidestep Is Clearing a Path to the W.N.B.A.
- N.C.A.A. Responds, Tentatively, to Transgender Athlete Bans