Running Parke-Bernet in New York in the 1960s after a merger with Sotheby’s, Mr. Pollen injected fun into the proceedings while expanding the business.
Peregrine Pollen, Who Livened Up Auctions, Dies at 89
More from EUROPEMore posts in EUROPE »
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
- E.U. and U.K. in a Diplomatic Spat Over Ambassador’s Status
- In a Turnaround, British Stocks Are a ‘Favorite’ of Investors: Live Business Updates
- Covid-19 Live Updates: Fauci Throws U.S. Support Behind W.H.O.
- Auto Safety Agency Faces Calls for Overhaul as Biden Presidency Begins
- New Yorkers at the Inauguration Festivities