The death of Dr. Ketty, who spent her career at Medistra Hospital as a general practitioner, highlighted concerns about the risks for medical personnel treating coronavirus patients in Indonesia, where personal protective equipment has been limited. She is one of at least 42 doctors, nurses and dentists in Indonesia who have died in the pandemic.
Ketty Herawati Sultana, Tireless Indonesian Physician, Dies at 60
More from ASIA PACIFICMore posts in ASIA PACIFIC »
- Afghan Women Fear the Worst, Whether War or Peace Lies Ahead
- How the Tiny Kingdom of Bhutan Out-Vaccinated Most of the World
- Despite Tensions, U.S. and China Agree to Work Together on Climate Change
- These Countries Did Well With Covid. So Why Are They Slow on Vaccines?
- Taiwan Charges Man With Causing Deadliest Rail Accident in Decades
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »