The death of Dr. Ketty, who spent her career at Medistra Hospital as a general practitioner, highlighted concerns about the risks for medical personnel treating coronavirus patients in Indonesia, where personal protective equipment has been limited. She is one of at least 42 doctors, nurses and dentists in Indonesia who have died in the pandemic.
Ketty Herawati Sultana, Tireless Indonesian Physician, Dies at 60
More from ASIA PACIFICMore posts in ASIA PACIFIC »
- In Hong Kong, a New Party Calls for Stability (and Raises Suspicions)
- Protesters Who Fled Hong Kong Arrive in U.S., Seeking Asylum
- Kim Tschang-Yeul, 91, Dies; Painted Water Drops Swollen With Meaning
- A Mix of Pride and Doubts as Modi Launches India’s Covid-19 Vaccine Drive
- She Killed an American in 2012. Why Was She Freed in the Taliban Deal?
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
- Nepali Team Says It Has Reached K2 Summit in a Wintertime First
- Before the Capitol Riot, Calls for Cash and Talk of Revolution
- Opinion | A Ray of Hope in a Slimy Southern Cave
- Marsha Zazula, ‘Metal Matriarch’ of Metallica and Others, Dies at 68
- Children’s Screen Time Has Soared in the Pandemic, Alarming Parents and Researchers