The Kremlin’s plan to hand out plots of land in Russia’s Far East, long a magnet for dissenters, idealists and oddballs, has attracted some unusually freethinking settlers.
‘Here I Can Be My Own Dictator’
More from EUROPEMore posts in EUROPE »
- U.N. Panel Calls British Report on Race a Repackaging of ‘Tropes’
- Breakaway European Soccer League Starts Legal Action to Defend Itself
- Marie Supikova, Survivor of Nazi Terror in Czech Village, Dies at 88
- Sinn Fein Leader Apologizes for 1979 Killing of Prince Philip’s Uncle
- Czechs Blame 2014 Blasts at Ammunition Depots on Elite Russian Spy Unit
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
- Teachers’ Union Endorses Scott Stringer, Offering Much-Needed Boost
- U.N. Reports Surge of Migrant Children Entering Mexico, Destined for U.S.
- JPMorgan draws public ire for financing a breakaway European soccer league.
- A Tireless Actress, Back at the Scene of the ‘Crime’
- Michael Musto, Lynn Yaeger and Mickey Boardman: Friends for Life